A few months ago we had a call from a client and they asked if we could turn off their Google Ads as they were getting too many calls for their sales team to handle, so it goes to show when ads are working at their most optimised they can be amazing for your business! Not everyone is going to have this success first time around, but if you’re clever with your budget and your message is compelling, they can transform your business
We work with lots of businesses to help them grow their businesses and one way we do this is by managing their ads on Google and Facebook. If you’re already running ads or are looking to start then here are our 5 top tips to help you reach your ideal customer and help your budget go further.
- Make sure your message is clear and you only make one offer or statement per ad. Don’t mix your messages, be clear in what you’re saying and what you want people to do in the ad.
- Educate and inform customers by answering common questions and creating useful content that helps them with a task or a common issue. This builds trust, and people are a lot more likely to buy from a company they trust.
- In your first interaction with your customer’s don’t try and sell, rather ask for a small commitment like clicking a link, entering an email or watching a video. Then you can start to sell to the people who take that small step. This narrows your audience very quickly so you can focus your budget on the customers who are really keen.
- Try different versions of the same ad, sometimes a picture works better than a video, or one wording works better than another. It’s hard to know what will work best up front and we’re often surprised at what wording and images work best. Always run at least 3 versions of every ad, they share the same budget so you’ve got nothing too lose and you’ll learn a lot about your customers respond to.
- At each stage of your sales funnel, measure what works and what doesn’t. Do more of what does work and stop what doesn’t. This seems obvious but you’d be amazed how many people just keep running ads that don’t work in case they magically start working!