Google Ads are paid advertisements which appear in search results on google.com in the form of clickable text links and paid advertisements that appear on other websites through Google Display Network in the form of clickable banners.
Google Ads work using a “pay-per-click” (PPC) payment system which allows advertisers to bid on specific “keywords” which they want to show up in the paid search results. When users perform a search containing those particular keywords, Google displays the advertisers’ ads in the paid search results. Since advertisers are charged on a pay-per-click basis, they will only pay if a user clicks on their ad.
One of the best features of Google Ads is that it allows you to target audience that’s relevant to your business. Google Ads offers two main types of targeting that are both very important for getting your website in front of the people most likely to click to visit and buy your products:
- Keyword targeting – The best visitors and leads will be the people who find your website when they’re in the process of looking for what you sell. With Google Ads, you have a direct way to reach those people and direct them to your website. Choosing the right keywords to target is one of the most important parts of getting good results from Google advertising, because it’s the best way to ensure your ads are consistently relevant to the people who see them.
- Demographic targeting – Google has a lot of data on user behavior and demographics. When you advertise with Google, you get to tap into that data in order to better get your ads in front of the people most likely to be in your target audience. You can target your ads based on gender, age range, and general online interests.
Google Ads provides a variety of benefits to businesses and its one of the many essential digital marketing techniques companies are using to maintain a competitive edge. A few of the benefits of Google Ads include:
- Immediate exposure – Your ad can show in the top 5 results on a Google search results page
Reach – Google ads allow you to show your potential customers relevant, targeted ads in a timely manner when they search Google for your products, services or business
- Geo-targeting – Google ads allow you to create ads that can target people in different geographic locations
- Increase in leads and customers – Google Ads is one of the best tools for lead generation. Optimized google ads campaigns have the potential to send extremely targeted leads to your website. Google Ads allows you to focus on the people who are searching for what your business offers. This means you can continually refine your searches so that only people who want to buy your products or services are sent to your websites through this platform.
- Google Ads Is Faster than SEO – For new businesses and websites, it can take months to see results from search engine optimization. Google Ads is a great workaround for new businesses because you don’t have to wait around so long to see results. While working on your site’s SEO, you can put resources into a Google Ads campaign and start getting impressions and clicks immediately. Because it’s so speedy, it’s also a good way to test whether a given keyword or audience is worth pursing via organic search – if it converts well in Google Ads, you can deduce that it’s worth trying to rank for in SEO and build out your content in that area.
- Retargeting – Google Ads allows you to connect with people who previously interacted with your website or mobile app, this process is known as retargeting. It allows you to strategically position your ads in front of these audiences as they browse Google or its partner websites, thus helping you increase your brand awareness and remind those audiences to make a purchase.